Welcome

Hello Famliy Friends and Fans!
Welcome to my blog, and don't forget to vote in the poll at the bottom of the page and I hope you enjoy the cheeky quotes!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

To Blog or Not to BLog?

So...I've spent the night wondering what in the world I was gonna do with a blog! Should I only write about book stuff... my work... what? Should it be fun? Serious? Should I even mention my family or what I did today?
With much thought I decided "Why not do it all!" why not write about my books, my work, family, fun, even my crazy dog Jake!
This blog may take crazy rides, serious turns and God only knows what else! Some days it may seem like a not so private journal, or a lecture (not too many of those) or just a bitch session that I might need. You might read my conversations with my Muse, Rhia. Yep, she has a name and we argue quite often. You may read about my family or friends; a much needed girls night out or what I'm reading as of date. You may have a day of quotes or jokes!
I've decided to treat this blog as a daily conglomeration of whatever is on my mind at the time. My version of a rambling journal! However with that said I do promise to try to be organized about my thoughts and try very hard to come up with a subject of the day...But friends, family, fans, and foes keep in mind I did say try!   

Subject of the day? I suppose since this is the beginning of the blog I should actually talk a little about myself and my work. I am the co-author of The Pull of Blood, which is the first book of The Keepers of the Damned series. I am also the author of She, a short story in the anthology Menage a Twenty, which is a compilation of 30 stories written by twenty different Goodreads authors. My co-author on The Pull of Blood is Holly Jones. We have also written the sequel Blood Chalice which has yet to be published. The Pull of Blood was originally published by Eloquent in hardcover. We have since cancelled the contract with Eloquent and have been picked up by Bradley Publishing for Ebook. They are now in the process of reediting for republish, and believe me it definitely needed the new edits! We are hoping that once The Pull of Blood gets released that they will pick up on Blood Chalice.
My preferred genre of writing is Dark Paranormal Fantasy and Erotica I have several erotica short stories that I have written but have yet to publish. I also dabble a little in mystery and horror. I am currently working on a paranormal/horror/ suspense, that I have titled Tybee Moon. And when I say currently working...I mean...very slowly working on. Yes, almost a year now and hardly past 20,000 words. Yikes! I think my Muse has taken a vacation, or life just got in the way. Not sure which. Maybe just a little of both, so if you see Miss Rhia out there lurking around anywhere give her a smack on the ass and send her home, she is needed!

8 comments:

  1. Love it, Kelley! My muse for writing has taken a vacation too. I have multiple stories that are incomplete. I'm sure mine must be with Rhia. When you find her be sure to send mine home too. I need to finish my stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Just starting out but I have to do something while Rhia and your Muse are out running through the woods or whatever they are doing. Yes I have at least 2 unfinished stories and three hanging on the backburner. Also Trying to set up a link to go to both the The Bradley Blog and Website...running into difficulties! As always...LOL

      Delete
  2. Hey mom, nice blog. I have one question though; what the hell is a muse?!?!?!! Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear! LOL A Muse is that little extra someone or something that sits on your shoulder whispering in your ear to try to influence whatever you are trying to do in a creative aspect. Some think it is a mythylogical creature some just think it is an excuse for writers block,LOL! LOVE YOU!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelley. Congrats on your book and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! I am adding blog links on the side, if you have a blog let me know and I will add yours.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Kelley! Glad you got started a blog, for I will forever love your writing & amazing ideas! I am awaiting the sequel to your book & I hope I don't get let down.

    ReplyDelete